Having critters on the loose in your home or workplace isn’t just annoying, it could be a health risk, and some pests damage structures and building infrastructure. Clearly, it’s a priority to get rid of them, but a measured approach will ensure you get the best pest control results.
How To Choose A Pest Management Company
Once you have your estimates and have analyzed them carefully, there are a few other things to look at before making your final decision.
- Always check and obtain copies of credentials. Certifications and insurances are particularly important.
- Ensure that you understand what the service consists of, and find out whether any follow-ups will be needed and whether they are included in the price.
- Find out what pesticides are used and ask for material data safety sheets. If you are unsure of anything, get answers before committing to a service.
- Guarantees give you peace of mind. A higher-priced company that offers a warranty is better than a lower priced one that doesn’t.
- Do some research into the businesses’ local reputation. Were people satisfied with the service they received?
- When entering into a longer-term pest management contract, explore all eventualities and ensure that you understand what the service includes, and whether there are any extra charges under certain circumstances. Cancellation terms are also important. If you aren’t happy, you won’t want to find yourself in a “lock in” contract.
- Pest control – Residential
- Pest control – Commercial
- Bed Bug control
- Bird control
- Carpenter ant control
- General ant control
- Tick & flea control
- Floor & drain cleaning
- Fly control
- Mosquito control
- Odor control
- Rodent and wildlife control
- Stinging insects control (e.g. wasps)
- Scorpion control
- Termite inspection & control
- Termite bait & monitoring services
- Dry wood termite control
- Subterranean termite removal
- Fumigation services
- Insulation installation
- Rat and mice control
- Spider control
- Bee & wasp removal
- Roach control and extermination
Common pests that building owners struggle with
These pests have it all: they’re annoying, unhygienic, and they cause costly damage with their gnawing and nesting habits as well as their feeding habits. Don’t attempt in-house control. Every year, there are cases in which poisonings occur owing to amateur pest control efforts. Professional pest controllers will have the safest solutions at their fingertips.
There are many species of cockroaches, and only a couple of them are really pests. Unfortunately, the ones that are seem to be ubiquitous. Even when your building is kept in a very hygienic condition, cockroaches can be accidentally brought in from outside, and once they are there, they breed incredibly fast. They don’t cause actual damage as a rule, but they excrete waste on surfaces and carry germs around on their feet. They also cause an unpleasant smell. As masters of concealment, you need someone who knows their habits to effectively get the infestation under control.
Termites are really fascinating insects with a complex social structure, but when termite activity meets human activity, the trouble begins. Buildings usually have at least some wooden components, and these get munched away by your new “guests”. Because they live under the ground, signs of termites can be hard to spot, so professional pest inspections can save you a fortune. Preventative pest control can also be used.
Ants don’t cause as much damage as termites, and their irritation value is usually what drives people to get them exterminated. That’s not to say that they’re completely innocuous. They like to build nests and tunnels, and will bore into wood or even remove concrete to do so, and fire ants in lawn can make being outside an unpleasant experience. Just killing the ants you can see won’t affect the colony, so pest controllers use methods that ensure the queen is destroyed in her nest.
Have you ever walked into a carpeted area and been attacked from all sides by fleas? They can also hide in chinks between floorboards. Eggs are particularly hard to get rid of, so just killing the adults doesn’t get the problem under control. Chances are, your pest controllers will recommend fumigation. Find out what precautions you will have to take, and how long the building must remain sealed after treatment.
Bed bugs are even harder to deal with than fleas. You need lasting control, and all the places where they may have taken up residence have to be dealt with. Specialized treatments are used, and extra care is taken to avoid exposing you to toxins. Ask your pest controller about their bed bug control strategy.
Bees aren’t pests at all, and because of their important environmental niche, removal is the only way to go. Never, ever interfere with a bee hive unless you have experience with beekeeping and all the right equipment. Many pest control companies will have a bee expert on their strength. The hive is captured neatly and cleanly and taken to a new location out of harm’s way.
Beetles, moths, moles, wasps, spiders, silverfish and more
Fresno, California has its share of pests, and local pest controllers will know what needs to be done to solve the problem. Part of a pest controller’s philosophy should be the use of the least toxic, safest option, and where possible, organic or natural remedies are used to keep you and your environment safe.
Homes are not the only places where pest control is needed. Businesses have more to lose if pests are on the loose. Your best defense is to ensure you have regular pest control services. That way, you won’t wait until trouble strikes before taking action. After all, it can be difficult to remember re-application dates along with all the things you regularly have to do.
No matter how extensive or how small your pest problem, the companies you see here will be able to provide quality pest control in:
- Food service and manufacturing industries.
- The hospitality sector including hotels, conference centers and restaurants.
- Warehouses and factories.
- Stores and office blocks.
- Apartments or other rental housing units.
Would you like to find out more? Choose local Fresno pest control companies right here and get the solutions you need for a pest-free home and work life.