Oh no! There’s an invasion of pests in your home or business. What’s your first instinct? Grab a bottle of poison. Hold on. Do you actually know what you’re doing? Is that the best chemical to use? Will it wipe out the pests effectively? Will you accidentally poison pests, kids or employees? Take three deep breaths.
Professional pest management is what you need for quality results. Local companies that do everything in-house will clearly be the cheapest, and hey! You can get three estimates from the nearest firms and choose the most favorable one of all. Of course, you will need to do some extra checks other than just looking at the bottom line on the estimate, but we’ll get to that shortly!
For now, all you need to know is that every pest control company listed here is fully licensed, certified and insured. We’ve checked reliability and reviews, and we know there are no hidden fees. Your journey towards pest-free living needn’t be arduous. Just start right here.
Greenix Pest Control
Serving Lewis Center and surrounding area
8185 Green Meadows Dr
Lewis Center, OH 43035
Buckeye Bug Services
Serving Thornville and surrounding area
Open 24 hours
1st Response Pest Management
Serving Powell and surrounding area
70 Village Pointe Dr
Powell, OH 43065
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
How To Choose A Pest Management Company
Now you’re thinking like a smart consumer, so let’s keep that thought process going. What are you going to look at when choosing your pest control experts?
- Get those estimates in first. Three should be enough to put you in the picture of pest control cost and help you to evaluate methods as well as the type of service level you can expect.
- Take a closer look. What will be done? Do they cover the same services? Are there extras, and if so, is there a good reason for them?
- The company’s reputation matters too. Find out how they’ve treated past customers. The internet is a mine of information.
- You want the best pest control. How confident are the companies you’re looking at? Do they offer guarantees?
- Be absolutely sure they know what they’re doing. Certifications matter, and so does insurance.
- If you’re looking at more than just a once off treatment, you need to know about the contract terms. Study them carefully. Ask questions.
- Pest control – Residential
- Pest control – Commercial
- Bed Bug control
- Bird control
- Carpenter ant control
- General ant control
- Tick & flea control
- Floor & drain cleaning
- Fly control
- Mosquito control
- Odor control
- Rodent and wildlife control
- Stinging insects control (e.g. wasps)
- Scorpion control
- Termite inspection & control
- Termite bait & monitoring services
- Dry wood termite control
- Subterranean termite removal
- Fumigation services
- Insulation installation
- Rat Control
- Spider control
- Bee & wasp removal
- Roach control and extermination
Common pests that households and businesses need help with
Just controlling ants you see walking around isn’t going to solve your problem. They’re just workers. The queen doesn’t care. If she loses some, she produces more. She’s the one that needs to be hunted down. There are some really clever baits that will get her workers innocently bringing her a killer cargo. Sometimes, more drastic measures are called for. Your experts will know what to do.
Don’t be embarrassed. It’s a very common problem. It’s also pretty hard to get rid of. Adult bed bugs are easy to kill, but the eggs are particularly resistant. Soft furnishings, beds and bedding all need attention. You won’t just get them under control, you’ll also get good advice on defense against bed bugs.
Bees, wasps and hornets
We have to be kind to bees. They’re important. No professional pest controller will just kill them, instead, they get gentle removal to someplace they’re really wanted. Beekeepers love getting a new hive. Wasps and hornets are less useful, but almost as dangerous to tackle. Exterminators deal with your problem safely.
Nasty bites, and even the Zika virus are among the unpleasant consequences of having mosquitoes around. The right treatments make your home inhospitable to them. Get rid of these nasty insects soonest!
Inner-city blues, cockroaches scurrying for cover when you turn on the light, a nasty smell in the air, is it inevitable? Not with the right exterminators to help you. Get advice on how to keep them out of your life in the longer term. Guaranteed: you won’t miss them!
Ticks and fleas
We love our pets, but they do bring unwanted passengers with them into our homes. In high-density living conditions, the problem spreads to other dwellings. It’s fumigation time! Let’s get rid of those nasties in one fell swoop.
Spiders and scorpions are scary
Although most scorpions aren’t as deadly as movies would have us believe, and most spiders aren’t all that dangerous, they can still deliver painful bites. If catching them and chucking them out the window isn’t working for you, you may need professional help. Get it!
Termites are among the sneakiest of pests. They live underground and we rarely see signs of termites, but unbeknownst to us, they could be tunneling into wooden structures in our homes causing very expensive damage. Buildings should be inspected regularly and appropriate precautions need to be taken.
Rats and mice
Rats and mice love living with us, even though we don’t like living with them! Columbus, Ohio has plenty of excellent exterminators to deal with the problem before the invasion becomes unbearable and you find yourself wanting to put a match to the building.
Crickets, lawn caterpillars, fire-ants, pigeons – what’s your problem?
If it can be repelled, made to move on or destroyed, these pest controllers will have the solutions you’re looking for. One of the principles of safe pest control is to use the least harmful methods possible. There are low-toxicity, non-toxic and even natural and organic ways of getting rid of pests from buildings and even your lawn.
Pest prevention saves you damage and risk
You have to know a lot about pests to become a pest control operator with all the certifications. One of the things you learn is how to prevent pests from getting into buildings. Sometimes, it’s just a matter of adapting your habits. Sometimes, breaches in structures allow pests entry. At others, there are ways of keeping them away with repellents or chemicals.
Every home or business property should get regular pest inspections, and that’s when you get all the extra info you need to avoid the whole problem of a pest infestation in the first place. You can be sure that licensed operators will only use the very safest methods.
Who can pest control contractors help?
Pests aren’t only a problem in the residential context. Businesses need to attach as high a priority to keeping them under control. They damage stored items, create bad odors, destroy wiring, shred insulation, can ruin your reputation (particularly if you serve food) and more.
- The hospitality industry has to be particularly careful in pest management practices. Safety and a pest-free environment are paramount. Restaurants, hotels and conference centers usually choose an ongoing contract.
- Apartment buildings need regular attention too. You can’t have new tenants moving in to cockroach-infested apartments.
- Industrial premises need to protect stored paperwork, tools, machinery and supplies safe from damaging pests.
- Stores and offices need to be clean and efficient. Pests spoil that.
No matter how huge or how tiny the task, the companies in these listings will handle your pest control needs quickly, efficiently and reliably while taking care of environmental health. Excellent Columbus OH pest control contractors are waiting to hear from you. Why not give them a call?