Finding cockroaches inside food-processing businesses can greatly affect their quality assurance assessments, and they can even be the cause of closing the business for good. This is also true for a safe and clean home. Maintaining the safety and cleanliness will take a lot of time and patience from you as a homeowner, but all the hard work will be worth it when you benefit from the improvements of your health. But sometimes, it is inevitable when some insects or pests are attracted to your home because of various factors. Cockroaches are seen as one of the dirtiest pests because of their way of leaving their debris and the seriousness of the diseases they can cause. Due to these reasons, it is a must to call on the most reliable cockroach removal service you can get a hold of. Luckily for the Florida locals, our Tampa cockroach control experts are always available and willing to give you a hand on the best and natural treatments for eliminating cockroaches from your home and from your life. Thinking about the cost? Do not worry—affordable solutions for your cockroach problems are on the way.
Things to Know about Cockroaches
Taking these cockroaches lightly is a terrible idea, because their size has nothing to do with their capabilities and threats to humankind. These insects are very adaptable and quite good at travelling and scavenging. They can basically survive anywhere they want as long as they find something to chew and somewhere to breed. On the other hand, do not think that all cockroaches are pests. Some of them naturally survive in the wilderness and help in the process of decay with biodegradable materials. The real devilish cockroaches are those that put human health in peril.
Harmful Effects of Cockroach Infestation
As far as studies on cockroach infestation goes, the following are the common hazards of letting cockroaches live with you under one roof:
- Bites and body invasion. These two does not occur all the time, but there is a possibility that these may occur, especially if the cockroaches feel like you are a threat even though you are just sleeping. They can also get curious about your body orifices and that is why they would target your mouth, ears, or nose out of the blue.
- Bacterial transfers. Cockroaches could have been in the dirtiest bathrooms or a fully rotting animal carcass, so never underestimate the intensity of their bacterial transfers to your food or to anything you use within your home. Some of these bacteria can result to serious illnesses like urinary tract infections, gastrointestinal problems, and sepsis.
- Food contamination. Once a cockroach lands on your food, do not even think about eating it anymore. Cockroaches leave things like regurgitated saliva, bodily fluids, droppings, hair, eggshells, and dead skin all over your food, and that is really bad for your health.
- Food poisoning. Cockroaches carry many varieties of bacteria, including salmonella. This bacterium is known to induce food poisoning and typhoid. Although food poisoning is not totally reliant on cockroaches’ bacteria transfers, you cannot be too careful about your health.
- A person may be asthmatic or not, but still be greatly affected by the cockroach debris and particles lingering in the air. Take note that constant exposure to these particles will not make anybody immune. In fact, too much exposure will develop a cockroach-specific asthma.
- There are many reasons why a person can have allergic reactions from cockroaches: allergens, saliva, bodily fluids, droppings, and debris. Same as the asthma, allergies can also develop from constant exposure.
Reality of a Cockroach Infestation
It is time to face the reality of a cockroach infestation, and it can give lifelike nightmares to people who are anxious or fearing of cockroaches. The following can be your reality checklist when it comes to understanding cockroaches and eliminating them in the process:
- Common things are attracting them to come in. Warm room temperature? Water supply? Food supply? Breeding grounds? If you have these things in your own home (which will likely be the case), you have what the cockroaches need to survive. You cannot just eliminate these things, aside from prospect breeding grounds such as unkempt drawers and dirty attic boxes.
- They can invade your home from different entrances. You may not be aware of this but all holes and spaces that become ways to the outside world are possible entrances and exits for invading cockroaches. There are times that they just take a ride on your clothes or bags so they can find what they need in your own home.
- Cockroaches are fleers and nocturnes. With swift and quirky movements combined with a nocturnal body clock, cockroaches are very difficult to find and chase, especially if they fly from one area to another.
- One visible cockroach symbolizes a great number of other ones. When you see even one cockroach out of their breeding grounds, this probably means that they have increased to the point that they are looking for potential breeding grounds again. You have just witnessed a cockroach outcast looking for a new home.
- Professional pest control is needed immediately. You can never be sure about the severity of your case if you do not consult and ask help from professional exterminators. Our company would be always here to serve you the treatment you want and deserve.