All homeowners can get really stressed and exhausted when major pest problems occur within their homes, especially if it is caused by cockroaches. These insects are known to be filthy creatures, and they can be lethal when people are exposed to them too much. However, there is no need to worry about pest problems like this because our company is offering Portland cockroach extermination services that will surely solve every cockroach-related problem there is. We will eliminate all of them with our affordable and natural cockroach removal solutions, so there is no need to worry about the environment and your budget. The cost will highly depend on your preferences and your preferred expenses, because we respect your choices and decisions regarding the safety of your home. As a matter of fact, we are also willing to teach you the basics on cockroach infestation and inspection.
Things to Know about Cockroaches
Cockroaches have good and bad sides, that is, depending on the type of cockroach we are talking about. Some cockroaches are significant in natural waste decay, while some of them just like to breed and feed on everything that they can chew. Also, tropical climates may have an effect on the size of the cockroaches, while some have adapted wings but not necessarily the ability to fly. Cockroaches can basically eat everything, and these creatures can travel anywhere. Because of their eating and travelling habits, they carry and transfer bacteria that can affect human health in detrimental ways.
Harmful Effects of Cockroach Infestation
Cockroach infestations can get really scary when their population becomes too many, because it can multiply the life-threatening effects of their species to humans. To sum it all up, here are the known hazards of cockroach infestation:
- Food contamination. It is already common knowledge that cockroaches are really disgusting, and food is bad to eat when cockroaches have paved their way to it. Bacteria from the cockroaches start to transfer to the food once they land on it.
- Food poisoning. This is a worse type of food contamination in which bad digestive happenings may occur to the body. Cockroaches are proven to be a cause of food poisoning and typhoid because they carry the bacterium salmonella.
- Diseases from various bacteria. Aside from salmonella, there are other bacteria that are transferred through the cockroaches’ saliva and other bodily fluids. Some of these can cause problems in digestion, excretion, and the lethal case of sepsis.
- Cockroach bites. Cockroach bites can be uncommon, but the possibility of it does not go away, especially if the cockroach population is high.
- Body invasion. Heavy sleepers may not notice but cockroaches can crawl on their bodies, and can enter bodily orifices like the ears and mouth. This is a very annoying and disgusting occurrence to ever happen to anyone, thus the need for immediate cockroach treatment.
- Asthma. It is not a new thing that asthmatic people can experience asthma attacks due to cockroach allergens, debris, and other particles caused by their existence. Another problem to be addressed here is that a person with no asthma can develop a cockroach allergen asthma due to so much exposure to them.
- Allergies. This is also another hazard caused by cockroach allergens, and also by saliva, droppings, and other cockroach-induced particles. Same as the asthma, allergies from these substances can develop due to too much exposure.
Significant Details about Cockroaches
Aside from the cockroaches’ basic characteristics and their dangers to human health, we provide you a few more important details that can help you understand their nature and how they can be eliminated. Once you have confirmed their existence, call on your local cockroach removal company to give you the best solutions for the problem. For the meantime, here some cockroach characteristics you need to know before ensuing inspection:
- They are nocturnal and fast-moving. These pesky creatures come out at night to feed, and they can be really difficult to chase. Their small and agile bodies are used to their advantage, especially when they have adapted a flying ability.
- They like warm breeding places with nearby water and food supply. The average home does have enough warmth, water, and food, while breeding places can be easy for them to find. They usually find hidden places like unkempt drawers, closets, boxes, and even cracks so they can breed in peace.
- They can enter your home through many ways. Sometimes cockroaches stick to your clothes, bags, or vehicles when you get out, and then they practically travelled to your house without giving too much effort. It is also possible that they enter through holes or spaces that open your home to the outside world, like windows and cat doors.
- It will be too late when you see them coming out at daytime. Since they are nocturnal, the most likely reason they are outside at this time is because they were kicked out from their breeding area due to their already booming population.
- You cannot eliminate them alone. Once you confirm their existence, their number is more like higher than you can imagine. Contact the best cockroach exterminators you can get for professional help.