When cockroach infestation problems arise, it will need immediate professional help from a pest control company who specializes particularly in cockroach removal. That is why Bakersfield cockroach control has come to exist—to provide the best natural solutions to all cockroach infestation woes. Our company may be local to Bakersfield, but citizens from nearby cities can still avail our services anytime they need it. Our available services are carefully planned out so that they could stay as affordable and cost-efficient treatments. Do not wait until you see those cockroaches invading your own bed—contact us now!
For basic information about cockroaches, we wrote down below the things you need to know about these little devils of nature:
Things to Know about Cockroaches
To be fair, not all cockroaches are considered pests because some classifications function as natural support for biodegradable waste decay, but it cannot be dismissed that they do invade your home and pose serious dangers to human health. Cockroaches are tough insects to eliminate because they can live anywhere and eat anything possible for them to digest. It is possible that before they entered your home, they have lived in the dirtiest of places like a garbage can or the sewers, and they could have gone to your bathroom to feed on what can be consumed on your bathroom floor or toilet bowl. Their population within your home should be depleted as soon as possible to eliminate the possibility of them endangering what cleanliness and safety you have.
Harmful Effects of Cockroach Infestation
Compared to other insect pests, cockroaches are one of the dirtiest and most dangerous threats to people’s health. Here is a summary of the usual hazards of cockroaches to people:
- Food contamination. This can really end up really bad, especially for people who have weak immune systems and sensitivity to cockroach debris. When cockroaches crawl and feed on your food, they can release saliva and other bodily fluids in it to transfer bacteria. Also, they leave droppings, hair, dead skin, and egg shell particles on your food so those add up to the contamination.
- Food poisoning. Cockroaches are agents in transferring salmonella to contaminated food. Also, salmonella can cause typhoid which is another dangerous disease especially for children.
- Bacterial transfer via body fluids. Aside from salmonella, other bacteria can be transferred such as E. coli and streptococci, among others. Various bacteria can cause urinary tract infections, digestive problems, and even sepsis.
- Bites and body invasion. When heavy sleepers settle down for the night, they may not feel the cockroaches crawling onto their bodies. Cockroaches may feel threatened by sudden movements thus the cause of bites, while they can be attracted to enter your body’s orifices like your mouth and nose. Those experiences can literally leave a bad taste in your mouth and can traumatize you your whole life.
- Besides the debris, saliva, and droppings, cockroach allergens also exist. These cockroach allergens cause our bodies to release histamine to fight off the allergens. Common symptoms would be watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, and chest pain.
- Asthmatic people and those with respiratory problems are at a disadvantage when it comes to cockroach debris and allergens. But in reality, the possibility of developing asthma is there because constant exposure can lead to that demise.
More Information on Cockroaches
Aside from those listed above, there is other information you need to know about cockroaches. The following information will be beneficial when you want to inspect your home for their existence yourself, or when you want to be sure if they are the ones causing some problems in your home:
- They have agile and nocturnal bodies. Cockroaches almost always go out of their breeding spaces to feed. They will be difficult to catch even when you have great eyesight. They sense threats from afar and can run from you in an instant. You can just hope that the type of cockroach in your home cannot fly.
- They make ways to infiltrate your home. Even if you seal all the possible holes in your home, you could be missing some entrances that are hidden, while they could ride their way in via your clothes, vehicles, or bags. There is also the possibility that they have been there all this time, especially if you are just renting out the house.
- Some usual things in your home attract their survival instincts. For a cockroach swarm to multiply their numbers effectively, they need enough warmth, food, water, and breeding areas. If your home has these four features, cockroaches will take a liking for it and will attempt to infiltrate your territory.
- Seeing even just one cockroach at daytime is a bad sign. Since it was mentioned that they are nocturnal, finding even just one little cockroach can mean that they have started to run out of space and are looking for more breeding areas. That one little cockroach could be an outcast from the original group, and it symbolizes more than just a handful of them.
- Calling a reliable cockroach exterminator is a must. When you know that they cannot be handled that easily, contact our company for the most efficient cockroach extermination service you can ever have.